Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Safety is a Harvard core value. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. The role we play in keeping people safe through the services we provide is always highlighted in situations like the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In these situations, our goal is to provide relevant information from leading governing bodies, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and Harvard’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) group.
Keeping Ourselves Safe
The CDC gives clear guideline on the steps that individuals can take in preventing illness and avoiding exposure to the virus. They recommend:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
Frequently Touched Surfaces
The CDC recommends routine cleaning with a focus on frequently touched surfaces. They recommend the following:
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
- No additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning is recommended at this time.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down before each use.
Enhanced Cleaning of High Touch Points
Please let us know if you would like further information on an enhanced cleaning scope of work for high-touch point and high-traffic areas in your facility.
Our cleaning service meets Green Seal™ Standard GS-42 based on waste minimization, building-specific operational procedures, effective custodial training, and use of products with limits on human & environmental toxicity. GreenSeal.org.
© 2020 Harvard Maintenance. All rights reserved.